- Trip Itinerary
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Depart for Port Moresby. Greeted at Jacksons airport by our operation crew. Transferred to Hotel accommodation. In the evening there will be final checks and preparation. A debrief of the trek will take place with an overview of the education program. Your trek leader will provide a safety briefing and provide an insight into the Koiari/Orokaiva cultures along the track. Your backpacks will be handed out with assistance from your trek leader fitting and adjusting your pack for the trek.
Note: This Itinerary is indicative and may change due to local conditions.
Date : 7 September 2022
Time : 6:30 am
Arrive Port Moresby.
Date : 8 September 2022
Time : 6:00 am
Fly to Popondetta
Fly to Popondetta and drive to Kokoda for start of trek. Trek to Deniki
Deniki to Alola
Deniki to Alola via Isurava Battlefield. Visit Con's Rock along the way
Rest in the village on the Sabbath
Alola to Templeton's Crossing One (Dump 1)
Alola to Templeton's Crossing One (Dump 1). Visit Japanese artillery placement and many foxholes
Templeton's Crossing One to Kagi
Templeton's Crossing One to Kagi via Kagi Gap or Myola.
Kagi to Menari
Kagi to Menari via Brigade Hill.
Menari to Nauro
Nauro to Vuale Creek
Nauro to Vuale Creek. Today we will pass through Iorabawa and Ofi Creek.
Vuale Creek to Owers Corner
Vuale Creek to Owers Corner. Then on to Port Moresby. Visit Bomana War Cemetery along the way.
Extra Night Option
If you take the extra night option ($200 extra per person)
- Experienced PNG Trek Leader
- Expert Local Koiari Guide
- Food & Equipment Porter
- Bus transfers
- Domestic flight to/from Kokoda
- 3.5 Star Twin-share Hotel Accommodation on the arrival & departure in Port Moresby
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner whilst you are on the trek
- VHF Radio, Satellite phone emergency equipment & 24-hour contact with Port Moresby
- Fresh meals on the track
- Official Trek permit from Kokoda Track Authority
- Personal two man tent for each trekker
- Sleeping Bag provided
- 85 Litre backpack provided
- International Flights
- Travel Insurance
- All meals not listed as included
- Personal spending money
No Details Found